SAP Data Management Service
The Raintek Data Assessment Solution
SAP provides industry-leading ERP software solutions to companies worldwide. But these highly integrated, collaborative solutions generate large quantities of documents, reports, and transactional data daily. If not managed properly, this large volume of data can offset some of the numerous operational and competitive business advantages SAP solutions provide. To help businesses manage this data, Raintek offers a data assessment based on SAP standard tools and a best-practices consulting approach.
Organisations with SAP ERP systems that have been in production for a few years the following challenges:
- Higher operating costs
- Slower performance
- Risk of non-compliance
- Data growth that impacts on day to day decision making ability
SAP recommends removing data which is no longer needed in everyday business processes from the database. SAP archiving is the only method supported by SAP to remove application data from the database in a consistent, secure, and comprehensive manner.
But before you start an SAP archiving project, you need to know how much disk space is occupied by certain applications. Raintek offers SAP Data Assessment. Your system is analysed and an assessment report will be created that contains:
- Archiving requirements
- Breakdown by module of what can be achieved – some of these will be quick wins NOW
- Guidelines for archiving policy
- Achievable database reduction
The results of the assessment will be presented and discussed during an onsite workshop or webinar which covers:
- Healthcheck of Data
- Advise on SAP archiving project plan
- Applying SAP best practice, residence and retention times.
- Dependencies to other applications (DART, BI, print lists, document archiving)
- Recommended next steps
- Approximate cost based on healthcheck results
The data assessment report enables you to plan the next SAP archiving project steps, efforts, and budget. It gives you an insight into your SAP data structure and explains how to improve your system performance, optimize your storage requirements, and fulfil legal requirements through archiving. The service also provides best practice business and architectural advice and enables you to accelerate and prioritise your SAP archiving project.
Why run a Data Assessment?
The Data Assessment will show you how to eliminate problems caused by unchecked database growth, such as:
- Difficulties scheduling upgrades, which often require over 72 hours’ downtime
- Excessive restore timescales, risking lengthy downtime and lost revenue in the event of a data corruption
- Slower interactive performance, reducing the efficiency of end-users
- Slower batch performance and backup runs, putting system availability at risk
- Spiralling hardware and administration costs caused by relentless growth in storage requirements
What is involved in a Data Assessment?
The Data Assessment is quick, straightforward and non-invasive, using non confidential data supplied by you. To extract the data you simply run two standard SAP transactions and export the results into a spread sheet, which you then email to us email@example.com
We will then analyse the supplied data and produce a report showing you opportunities to reduce your database volumes.
The Data Assessment can be used for 4.6c, 4.7, ECC5 and ECC6 including CRM and SRM systems, we also cover BW/BI but require further assessment review ; please contact us
Any problems running the extraction instructions please contact us on the email address above.